WordPress is a simple website building tool that is used by millions of people. It can help you develop your blog or website in a format that is standardized and works well for viewers. Building a website can be a complicated process, especially if you are not well-versed in web design. Content Management Services, such as WordPress, can help to simplify the task.
Services such as WordPress offer a user-friendly alternative for website development that does not require advanced software knowledge. If you can use a word processor, you will be able to navigate the menus and options offered by WordPress. Here are a few guidelines to help you get started as you use WordPress to build your website. Practice with the different features and you will be knowledgeable about WordPress in no time.
Also see : Liquid Web Coupons
- Installing WordPress will be the first step you take to get started. This should be a straightforward process that is well explained by the supplemental guides that WordPress offers.
- If you have any questions or issues, there are plenty of troubleshooting options and FAQs to help you.
- WordPress is installed using a 5-minute install. It is quick and will appear on your desktop once it is completed.
- WordPress is the tool you use to build your website pages. You will also need to find a source of hosting. WordPress works with most hosting services. The ones recommended by WordPress include Bluehost, Dream Host and Laughing Squid.
Layouts and Themes
- Layouts are the pre-programmed options that you will have for your website pages. They are similar to the templates offered by word processors.
- Layouts are offered in various themes. The themes will guide you as you select which layout works best for you.
- If you wish to simply choose a layout and proceed, you may do so. However, you also have the option of customizing your page. Using a layout as a basis, you can work with the text, colors and graphics to make your page unique. This process also resembles the general setup of word processing software.
- Writing new posts on WordPress will be easy to learn. You simply log into your account, click “Posts” and then “Add New.” Once you fill in the post with your content, hit “Publish” and your page will be ready to go.
- Posts are published in reverse order- meaning that the newest posts will appear first. Viewers of the site can also check the archives to see past posts.
- Posts will have the option of a comment field underneath. This is a great way to allow readers to interact with you, the writer and manager of the website.
- Plugins are additional features that you can add to your page. There are thousands of different plugins offered by WordPress.
- A plugin can include a navigation bar, search engine optimization, widgets, or a number of other items that can boost the performance of your page.
- After you have the basic layout and feel of your website established, you can add plugins over time. These features help you customize your website and make it fit your needs.