We recently completed an update of WP-Clear, and version 3.2 is now available for download in the Solostream member’s area after you login. Here’s a list of the changes we made:
1. Bugfix for featured content sliders.
This has been an intermittent problem with many of our responsive themes when viewed on mobile devices, and we’re happy to finally have a viable solution. We’ll be implementing this fix in our other themes over the next several weeks.
2. Added 4 new Blog page templates.
We’ve had several folks requesting these of late, so we decided it was a great “standard feature” to begin adding to our themes. You can see these Blog page templates in action on the WP-Clear demo site when you hover over the Page Templates link in the top navigation bar.
3. Rewrote code to make theme more child-theme friendly.
More and more folks are using WordPress child themes as a way to customize their theme, and technically, it’s the best approach when you need to change core theme files. As such, we rewrote much of the theme’s code to make it easier to create a child theme.
4. Added some new widgets.
We added a Featured Post widget, which allows you to feature a single post in any of the widgetized areas. We also added a Featured Posts widget, which allows you to feature a number of posts with a specific tag. You can see both these widgets in action on the WP-Clear demo site.
5. Other minor bug fixes.
These bugs have mainly to do with the visual display of the theme, as well as problems with Basic Style theme settings now working as intended.
How to Upgrade to WP-Clear 3.2 from WP-Clear 3.1+
1. Download latest version after you login to the Solostream member’s area.
2. Upload the new version to your WordPress site – The simplest way to do this is via the Theme page in your WP dashboard. Just go to your Themes page, click the “Install Themes” tab at the top, then click the “Upload” link, and upload the theme zip file.
3. Activate the new version – You can do this immediately after you upload the theme, or do it from the Themes page in your dashboard.
4. Update your custom menus – You may have to visit Appearance >> Menus in your WP dashboard and reassign your custom menus.
5. What to do if you modified the previous version – If you modified the previous version of the theme, you may have to carry those changes over to the new version. If you made modifications via the theme settings page, those changes should appear in the new version automatically. If you made changes via the custom.css file, you will just need to manually copy those changes over to version 3.2 custom.css. If you made changes to any other theme files, you will need to manually copy those changes over to the new theme as well.
How to Upgrade to WP-Clear 3.2 from WP-Clear 3.0 or Older
If you’re still using WP-Clear 3.0 or older, please read this post.
If you have questions about anything in this post, feel free to post them in the comments section. If you have theme-specific support issues, please login to the members area and post your question(s) on the support forum.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Hi I’m Michael, a business coach and a creative entrepreneur. I inspire and empower people to make a difference in the world while they create an amazing life for themselves and those they love.