New WordPress Theme WP-Ellie: Sneak Peek

This is the real Ellie.

Coming soon to a WordPress Theme Store near you … it’s a brand new WordPress theme we’re calling WP-Ellie, named after my lovable, but slightly overweight beagle (her name is Ellie). We’re still putting the finishing touches on her, but WP-Ellie should be out before Valentine’s Day. Perfect timing to buy your sweetheart a new WordPress theme.

Like many of our previous WordPress themes, WP-Ellie will have multiple home page layouts (see screenshots below). That includes a basic blog layout as well as several different magazine style layouts, one of which you can see on the WP-Ellie demo site. It also includes social networking site integration, including the latest tweet from your Twitter profile.

On the demo site, you’ll notice a dark gray wood plank background. This is one of several body background images that will be available, or you’ll be able to select a simple solid background color (see screencast). And of course, that will all be very simple to change via the theme settings page. We’re all about keeping things as simple as possible here at Solostream.

As I said, we’re still in the “finishing touches” stage. If you have any questions or even feature requests, feel free to drop them in the comments box below, and we’ll see what we can do about getting them in there before launch. No promises though :-)

Home Page Layouts

1. Jock says:

Thanks guys for creating the ellie theme I have it on a couple of my blogs and am really happy with it.

Just wanted to say thanks !!

2. Mark says:

Hi Michael, I am having problems with the thumbnails on the homepage and the slider. Is this because of wordpress version?

3. Pat Wilson says:

Michael – I purchased your premium WP Ellie template and love it! One problem, my RSS icons (at top and in comment box) both do not link to my feedburner even though I choose this option under the admin contol in wordpress. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
    Pat

4. Greg Pentium says:

hey can’t get your featured images to appear :( any help mate. its at the link there

5. Sketch says:

I’m trying to decide between this and WP Launch, which I also love, but due to my logo really needing to be on a white background and my background image being a dark red gradient, I think I’ll be waiting for Ellie so it is in the white body :D

Just a quickie Ellie question though – with the headings for the Sidebars bits such as subscribe, tags, etc, is it possible to have an icon and text such as the ones in WP Launch? Would this be a thing that I could just pop in the CSS code and change? Are the little colour boxes with the current headings optional or changeable with a picker?

• Hi Sketch. Sure, you could modify the CSS to add an image to the widget titles. The boxes currently are not changeable via the theme settings page, although it sounds like a good idea to implement before launch, so I think I’ll implement that. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. I really like this theme. When will it be launched as I need to change my theme ASAP but if you are launching soon (i.e. in Feb), I’ll wait.

Another question, will this be available in any other language as I also need a version in Spanish for my other blog.

Thanks

• It should be launched within the next week. As of right now, it will only be available in english. will work on doing the necessary work to make it easier to translate in the near future.

7. chris says:

awesome theme ;) gonna buy this one as well, think this is 10 in a row for me ;)

8. Sketch says:

Another lovely theme and a gorgeous namesake :) I very much like that the social network icons are inline with the search box and are clear but unobtrusive.

9. Ahmed says:

Nice Template the featured slider background make it look sexy

10. Alex Webley says:

Hi Michael,

Great theme. I like the way it renders different elements of your site.

Beautiful dog (Ellie) too. In fact I think I like the dog more than the theme.

Alex

11. Amy says:

Hi Michael,

Really so sweety :) I like thumbs and navigasion menu. Greatz.

12. Another great theme Michael – sure your last name is not D’Angelo?

I really like the full width posts.

13. Martin says:

Guessing this is the same theme as to the one on michaeldpollock.com?

I like the three columns in the demo and the full width posts.