What We Do (Our Mission)
As a web-based media company, the mission of Solostream is to create easily accessible content, products and services that help small businesses, organizations and individuals use the Web to:
- more quickly launch and grow their online presence.
- streamline and simplify their operations.
- connect and collaborate with others through the Internet.
Why We Do What We Do
At heart, we exist for two reasons:
1. We love freedom. There’s no greater opportunity in life than to be and become whoever you choose; to express yourself freely and fully; to impact the world in your own unique way; and to be compensated in equal measure to that impact. And that opportunity, we believe, is most readily realized through the start-up and operation of your own entrepreneurial venture.
2. We love the Internet and technology. We love it for its ability to add richness and simplicity to our lives. And we love it for its ability to connect people and bring them closer together, despite perhaps being miles apart.
10 Things We Care Most About (Our Values)
- Freedom – it’s why we exist.
- Simplicity – makes it easier to focus on what’s most important.
- Integrity – life is simpler when you understand and fulfill your commitments.
- Effectiveness – we want our stuff to get results for people.
- Human Relationship – we are many, we are one.
- Growth – it’s the natural course of life.
- Beauty – we like things to look good.
- Leading-Edginess – we like fresh and new.
- Tech-Savviness – it’s all about simplicity and competitive advantage.
- Pizza – we needed a #10 (and we really do love pizza).
Meet the Solostream Team
Mike Durkin is the chief bottle washer and head cheese of Solostream (aka CEO). A technology junkie, he’s passionate about helping people harness the power of web publishing. Prior to Solostream, he spent more than 12 years working and consulting with various Internet and technology start-ups, with a focus on sales, marketing, and operations.
Alistair Barnett is our resident tech support ninja. He’s a walking Internet how-to and can almost always tell you where to go on the Web to do x, y, and z. Over 10 years’ experience of being an avid Copyeditor, Web Designer, and Internet consultant allows him to assist in any way he can. His focus is on attention to detail, while also being a helpful, easygoing person.