Lot of reasons why we have been extolling the virtues of WordPress include its rare ability to confer simple usability and provide high-quality features to websites of all types. Unfortunately, many of you still think of WordPress as “another blogging platform” so why it should be considered as the best choice for the non-blogging website?
Established in 2003, WordPress- a content management system has gone from a simple and ubiquitous blogging site to a preferred and preeminent open source web development platform. I proudly call myself one of the few aging people in this field who exactly know who WordPress made its entrance onto the web’s stage. Most companies are pumping out their own custom CMS platforms and boasting a variety of new features for each new engagement when WordPress first came out. Today, from topnotch publications such as The New York Times and CNN, music icons such as Jay-Z and Katy Perry, to Fortune 500 companies such as UPS and eBay, the platform has been sought after.
Top reasons why WordPress is so popular
- Managing website becomes easy– Another reason for the growing popularity for WordPress is that it is a browser-based platform. In simple words, you can log in from any Internet-connected computer and manage your site.
- No HTML Editing or FTP Software Required- As the title suggests, the self-contained system does not require HTML editing software (such as Adobe Contribute or Dreamweaver). I mean anybody can create a new page or blog post, format text, upload images (and edit them), upload documents, video files, image galleries, etc. everything all without the need for additional FTP or HTML software.
- Search Engine Optimization becomes easy- Written using standard compliance high-quality code and produces semantic markup, the content management system makes Google and other search engines fall in love at first sight. And maybe that’s the reason why WordPress tends to rank higher than others. In addition to this, there are plenty of WordPress SEO plugins available when it comes to optimizing your site appropriately.
- Everything’s under control– As a business owner, everyone loves to have a thorough control. WordPress provides you such golden opportunity without much hassle. This also means you no longer need to wait for your professionals to make simple updates to your site. Using WordPress, you have the control of nearly every aspect of your website and you can easily make those simple updates by yourself.
- Customizable design– Acts as the engine for your website, with WordPress the look and feel of the site can be 100% customized so your brand can shine through on your website and provide a unique experience for your visitors.
- Extend the Functionality– all thanks to plugins- Right from adding an event calendar to video gallery, Twitter Feed, Facebook Fan Box, etc.- anything and everything can be managed on WordPress. In addition to this, most of its plugins are for free or reasonably priced.
- Have Multiple users– As an administrator of a WordPress site, you can set-up multiple users for the website and assign access levels and capabilities to each user.
The Benefits of a Business Website Using WordPress
Anything predicted or claimed without any figures or facts is useless and crap. But in this case, many of the top brands use WordPress to power their websites including Time Magazine, Facebook, The New Yorker, Sony, Disney, Target, The New York Times, and more. I guess with more than 62 million of downloads and an excellent rating this platform has nothing to prove. Down below I would like to mention a few reasons emphasizing on the advantages of WordPress to businesses these days.
- Refines your purposeOther than creating a focused online presence, a website design requires numerous questions to be answered at a time. After all, it’s a website that will represent your business more than anything else. Having an informed set of fresh eyes asking core questions often helps you to remember how you got there and why, and subsequently enables you to refine things. Besides, it also makes you do things better.
- Time is moneyIrrespective of business you do, allocating some value to your time is a vital aspect. From being a flat hourly rate to your entire absence from where you are needed the most, no excuses! Of course, learning, trial and error, and pace at which you build your first WordPress site will be well and indeed more than that of a professional who will undoubtedly do it in less than half the time. So go for it look around for a reliable WordPress development company in town.
- Cultivating PrideOne of the greatest mistakes made by entrepreneurs these days is producing something they know is not good enough and apologizing it every time. Thus, it becomes imperative to cultivate a real sense of pride amongst your team and inspire them to be better at the same time. So having a great site not only inspires you but also cultivate a real sense of pride.
- What’s more!WordPress developers aren’t just tech-savvy geeks, but they know a lot of things about building a site especially a business site with their eyes closed. With refined instincts about optimizing content, they exactly know how to choose the right layout and images, they know how to tweak things that you really need coding skills for, and they know how to design your site to be a marketing tool, not just a nice place for people to look at stuff.
Try yourself out! It’s time to give WordPress a shot!