WordPress and SEO
The setup of WordPress sites is not a difficult task, however, an appropriate optimization of these sites for Search Engine Optimization or SEO is not that easy. WordPress is a good choice for SEO and particularly the new versions. However, opportunities are available for transforming the ‘good choice’ into an ‘excellent’ one.
SEO Performance Improvement
Today, most individuals know the importance of SEO in their online business. The concept of SEO is not only restrained to link building and keyword stuffing activities anymore. SEO has now become an evolution and hopefully, it will never stop advancing in the forward direction. Now, it is imperative to know some powerful ways https://www.linksmanagement.com/backlink-builder-software-free/ through which SEO can be improved for your WordPress blog. Let’s discuss some of such ways one by one:
- Start this journey with your WordPress Blog : Whenever you are going to set up a brand new blog, you can use an important WordPress feature and that is ‘discourage search engines from indexing this site‘ until the working get completed with the blog structure and you are completely ready for its launching. When that particular option is enabled, it does not allow search engines (bots) for continuing the process of crawling to your pages that are managed from robots.txt.Another noteworthy point is that WordPress includes tags like rel=”noindex” and rel=”nofollow” in your blog pages so as to not get indexed through search engines up to the time you want. It is a very important point, as most bloggers generally delete the default WordPress post – ‘Hello World’ and tend to tweak permalink structures and like this, resulting in a large number of ‘404 not found’ errors for showing up in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Change the Default Permalinks Structure: You should know that WordPress makes use of ‘?p=[id]‘ permalinks for posts. Remember, it is not the search engine favorable and you are going to lose scope to place some essential keywords in post permalinks in case you don’t change shift to a text-based permalink structure.
- Installation of an .xml Sitemap Plugin: Installation of an .xml sitemap plugin is very important for WordPress blogs. By providing search engines to each and every page on the site in a sitemap, ideally in the format of .xml, is very helpful in indexing the site content in a faster and easier way.
- Installation of an SEO Plugin and Start Utilization of rel=”canonical”: You need to remember that installation of a decent SEO plugin is crucial, as it can look after several aspects of SEO involved with your blog in an automatic manner. After the installation of one, you need to enable the rel=”canonical” tag for the blog pages. It provides help to search engines in determining the actual source URLs regarding your blog content. In this way, it assists in the elimination of issues concerning duplicate content from WordPress sites.
- Nofollow untrusted as well as Useless Links: Primarily, a hyperlink, accompanied by an attribute of rel=”nofollow” on a webpage signifies that the webpage prohibits the search engine spiders to ‘follow’ the link and it also specifies that it does not provide a guarantee about the reliability regarding the linked page.
- Make use of a caching plugin for accelerating your blog: A caching plugin is essential for any WordPress site. You should know that caching plugins perform two incredible things. Primarily, they make the website faster and secondly they alleviate the burden on the web server. Most caching plugins are caching static as well as dynamic content for reducing the loading times of the page.
If the speed of your website remains slow after making use of so many methods, it’s a high time to shift to another better web host, accompanied by faster servers. However, before moving, you can contact your existing web host team to know the reason.